Updated: Nov 19, 2021
The first mention of a bowls club here in Tetbury was in 1908 with the official opening of the Cirencester Road site in 1910.
The game immediately became popular with residents from Tetbury and the surrounding villages and matches were held regularly. This is a photo of the then President, Sir George Holford, taken sometime between 1915 and 1926.
Includes mention of closure in 1950 before moving the Recreation Ground in 1953.
To read the full article, visit the April 2021 Tetbury Advertiser.
Author: Jan Yates, Secretary, Tetbury Bowls Club