Planning for the club started on 2 December 1908 at a meeting of a handful of interested people held at the White Hart Assembly Rooms (now known as the Snooty Fox). Following several fundraising events, such as the concert on 10 December 1909 held at the White Hart, the club was officially opened by members on 5 May 1910.
The club's first recorded match was away at Cirencester on Saturday, 4 June 1910. Tetbury played Nailsworth at home on 23 June winning by 10 points and they continued their winning streak on 30 June by beating Westonbirt by 19 points. That first season, with 45 members, Tetbury played 14 matches - Lost 7, Won 6 and Drew 1. "Not such a bad record, for a first season."
We have been affiliated with Gloucestershire Bowling Association since January 1911.
1953 September - Tetbury Bowls Club was offered a space for a green, in the recreation ground. The green was to be rented from the Tetbury Recreation Ground Management Committee and comprised of 4 rinks.
1956 - President Ivor Morris opened the new green.
1961 January - It was agreed that both the men's and women's sections would apply for affiliation to the Gloucester Bowls Association.
1983 - The green was extended from 4 to 6 rinks and improvements were made to the clubhouse and its facilities.
2020 - New changing rooms and a new storage room were built (phase 1). The addition of a more easily accessible toilet and an enclosed viewing area for spectators is planned as part of phase 2.